- The web server (Apache) starts by default on port 8888, the database server (MySQL) on port 8889. When calling your web page in a web browser, you must enter the Apache port at the end of the URL, e.g.: http://localhost:8888
- By default, PHP and HTML Pages should be stored inside the MAMP “htdocs” folder which is located in the MAMP Application directory (Macintosh SSD>applications>mamp>htdocs ). This folder is called “Document Root”.
To find out which PHP modules are included, use the following procedure:
- Start the servers and direct your web browser to http://localhost:8888/MAMP/.
- Click on the phpInfo tab at the top of page.
- How to change MYSQL password
- open terminal
- /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password [NewPassword]
- For windows XP, PHP runs up to 5.4.27. Use this link for download: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
- To start XAMPP automatically:
- Start XAMPP controller
- Go to the Config button (upper right) and select the Autostart for Apache.
- Documentation root: