- Check DNS propagation: https://www.whatsmydns.net
- Note www.example.com is different than example.com. Check both
- Check validity of DNS records (i.e. named server, domain provider…etc)
- If connecting domain name to a static IP address, such as mapping to a AWS Lightsail instance, make sure the NS records reflect the instance’s named servers.
- Create an A record with www.example.com mapped to the ip address
- Create an Alias (CNAME) record mapping example.com to www.example.com.
- Use nslookup in windows or dig in Linux to check domain to IP mapping.
to change type of record lookup, add
type=type to lookup
before issuing the nslookup command.